All applicants must fully complete the online application form, pay the nominated fee and agree to the participant agreement before their entry is accepted.
Please check your category and name is correct before you complete your online registration.
The Event Crew PTY LTD (TEC) reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, to deny or disqualify any person from participating or continuing in the Event (either before or during the Event). In these circumstances, TEC will refund the person’s entry fees EXCEPT where the person has:
(a) Misrepresented their eligibility to participate in the Event at the time of entry; or
(b) Breached any of the conditions of entry set out in this Form or fail to comply with any event organises directions or instructions.
- Entry fees & registrations are non-transferable from one competitor to another or from one event to another. It is forbidden to participate in an event under another competitor’s registration without notifying the organisers and following the change-of-competitor protocols. Competitors that do not obey this rule waive all insurance coverage and put other competitors at risk.
- I acknowledge that competitive triathlon involves the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including over exertion, on and off course accidents, equipment failure, other road users, spectators, course conditions, weather conditions and/or unforeseen circumstances.
- I understand that I should not compete in this event unless I have trained the necessary amount and my medical practitioner has verified my physical condition. It is my sole responsibility to ensure such training and medial verification.
- By entering this event and competing, I accept all risks associated from my participation that could result in loss of life or permanent injury. I also agree that The Event Crew is not responsible or liable for the repair or replacement of any personal possessions whether lost, damaged, stolen or otherwise. Accordingly I release all people associated with the conduct of this event from and waive all claims what so ever, and will indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their negligence) for all injury, loss, damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event. The aforesaid release, waiver, indemnity applies to and includes the people such as, but are not limited to The Event Crew Pty Ltd, Moreton Bay Regional Council, contracted companies and all public authorities, all employees, agents, sponsors, contractors and volunteers, medical and paramedical staff, and other competitors. This release, waiver and indemnity continue forever and bind my heirs, executors and personal representatives.
- I consent to receive any medical treatment the event medical team and/or event organiser believes appropriate in the circumstances before, during or after the event.
- I consent to event organisers adding my email address to the event eNews and agree to receive emails up to the date of my event. After which time I can choose to unsubscribe from further emails by using the link within the emails.
- I understand that safety precautions undertaken at the event are merely a service to me but are not a guarantee of safety.
- I will provide event organisers in writing all details of my past and present medical or physical conditions that may affect my performance or be relevant if medical treatment is necessary.
- I consent to event organisers and its supporting partners to use my name, image and likeness, before, during or after the event for event promotional broadcasting or reporting purposes in any media.
- The Event Crew in its sole discretion, may delay, modify or cancel the Event for any reason, including if it believes the conditions on the race day are unsafe. In the event the Event is delayed, modified or cancelled, including but not limited to acts of God or the elements (including without limitation, wind, rough water, rain, hail, hurricane, tornado, cyclone, earthquake), acts of terrorism, fire, threatened or actual strike, labour difficulty, work stoppage, insurrection, war, public disaster, flood, unavoidable casualty, race course conditions, or any other cause beyond the control of The Event Crew, there shall be no refund of The Event Crew’s entry fee or any other costs incurred in connection with the Event. In the event the Event is delayed, modified or cancelled, these terms and conditions of entry applies to the changed conditions.
Incomplete entries or declined payment transactions may incur additional administrative fees.
Triathlon Australia Members
All Triathlon Australia members must include their licence numbers when registering or they will be charged the non-member fee.
To become a Triathlon Australia member please call Triathlon Queensland on (07) 3369 9600.
Method of Entry
Race entry via secure online registration only
Event Sell Out
In the case of total event sell out, a notification will appear on the event website. No prior warning may be issued.
Refunds Requests / Cancellation Fees
All single or multi entry fees are non-refundable after 5pm one month prior to the advertised Moreton Bay Tri race. Withdrawals from the event prior to one month from the event will be refunded the full entry fee, minus a $15 administration fee.
All refund requests to be made in writing – Mail: The Event Crew PO Box 2821, Burleigh Waters QLD 4220 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Refunds will be issued by the same method as payment or some other method as The Event Crew Pty Ltd deems appropriate.